Zinedine Zidane reportedly will be without Eden Hazard during Real Madrid's upcoming El Clasico fixture against FC Barcelona on Saturday.
The 29-year-old Eden Hazard is not expected to return to action before November's international break as the Real Madrid forward is yet to fully recover from an injury in his right leg, reported Spanish publication Marca. What seemed like a minor discomfort has turned out to be an injury that has not allowed Hazard to play so far in the 2020-21 campaign.
The next international break is scheduled to take place between Nov. 10 and 18 and that would also mark one year since Hazard picked up an ankle injury during Real Madrid's Champions League 2-2 draw against Paris Saint-Germain at the Santiago Bernabeu. Following that, Hazard underwent surgery before returning to action post the COVID-19 three-month break.
Ahead of his maiden appearance of the 2020-21 season in September, Hazard suffered a muscle injury that initially looked minor. But, the Marca report said that Hazard, who moved from Chelsea to Real Madrid in the summer of 2019 at a transfer fee of $113 million, will be sidelined for at least three more weeks. The Belgian striker had scored just once in his debut season with Los Blancos.
Zidane and Real Madrid are focused on being with Hazard throughout in his mental and physical recovery process. Speaking ahead of Real Madrid's 2020-21 Champions League home fixture against Shakhtar Donetsk, Zidane said, "His injury was more than expected, but he has already stepped out onto the field. I fully trust the people who work with him. I hope that soon we can see Hazard forever. We want him to come in and be with us all season."
Apart from Hazard, Real Madrid will also be without their skipper Sergio Ramos for the Shakhtar match Wednesday after the defender took a knock to his knee in last Saturday's 1-0 La Liga loss to Cadiz.